Forty five years of patient observation and study have shown us the many ways we are robbed of good health and some wonderful ways to restore more vibrant life and freedom from pain, suffering, and emotional turmoil.
We will quickly cover the most significant and common problems and later on go into more detail for those who want more information about cause and correction of the problems.
The biggest, almost universal nutritional problems stem from deficiencies in magnesium, B-vitamins, particularly vitamin B-6, pantothenic acid (B-5), and vitamin C.
The major cause here is the typical refined, processed, nutritionally deficient American diet, the overuse of milk products, the use of calcium supplements without magnesium and the extremely high stress levels most experience in the world today.
Another common problem is a malfunctioning thyroid gland promoted by an almost universal deficiency in iodine.
The most common emotional, spiritual health problem is a love deficiency caused by unforgiveness!
THE GOOD NEWS IS – CORRECTING THESE BRINGS AMAZING GOOD HEALTH AND NEW LIFE!
1. MAGNESIUM deficiency from eating refined foods, sugar, coffee, tea, caffeine, alcohol, drugs, tobacco, milk products, and calcium supplements WITHOUT MAGNESIUM, promotes many of our major epidemic health problems, HEART DISEASE, TYPE 2 DIABETES, and even cancer. It is also the major cause of muscle pain, charley horse, constipation, PMS, menstrual cramps, arthritis, poor sleep, lack of energy and many other problems. Check out our calcium/magnesium form or www.DrBobRothan.com/camg or www.DrBobRothan.com
2. VITAMIN B-6 deficiency. If you do not remember dreaming when you wake up in the morning, you are most likely B-6 deficient! Vitamin B-6 is essential for making stomach acid for digestion of protein, absorption of minerals (calcium, magnesium, zinc, iron, etc.) prevention of allergies, and much, much more!
3. PANTOTHENIC ACID (B-5) and VITAMIN C
The adrenal glands, which are the glands that enable the body and mind deal with stress, need tons of these two vitamins to deal with the common stress of today. Tensions, anxiety, depression, poor digestion, difficulty getting a full breath, the need for tranquilizers, are common symptoms of a deficiency. Correcting this can have amazing, positive, life changing results! Any good B vitamin should have at least 100 milligrams of Pantothenic acid and some vitamin C. Have seen lives changed by taking 500 mgs. of timed-released Pantothenic acid along with 500 to a 1000 mgs. of vitamin C. You can do this at breakfast and supper if needed! It is a good idea to take some B-complex along with this! The only, slightly negative that we have seen with this use of Pantothenic acid is goofy dreams if taken too soon before bedtime.
4. A GOOD VITAMIN B-COMPLEX B complex vitamins are so necessary and yet so deficient in the typical American diet that we see lack of energy, unstable emotions, depression, infertility, skin problems, birth defects, bowel problems, and more. CARLSON B-COMPLEET with vitamin C (not the B-50 or B-100) is outstanding and it has 100 mg. of pantothenic acid. www.carlsonlabs.com or 888-234-5656
5. THYROID MALFUNCTION This is quite common due to the fact that iodine is deficient in over 90% of the people in our country and iodine is an essential part of thyroid hormone. This is why iodine was added to our salt. People who eat no ocean fish, take no iodine supplement, and restrict their salt intake are highly prone to thyroid disease. Low body temperature, cold hands and feet, poor hair, skin and nails, depression, low energy, poor sleep, and more, are common symptoms. This problem is commonly missed by physicians because 40% of the patients who have a thyroid problem will have blood tests that are “considered normal”. If you have these symptoms you would be wise to read Dr. David Brownsteins book, IODINE, WHY YOU NEED IT, WHY YOU CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT IT!
6. UNFORGIVENESS. Years of observation have shown me that the two biggest causes of pain, suffering, and disease have been due to magnesium deficiency and Love deficiency caused by unforgiveness! Unforgiveness can be the hardest thing to let go of because of the terrible things we do to one another and yet it is critical to physical health and even more critical to eternal health. The pain can be so deep, so long and so hard that it is impossible to forgive without the help of God’s Holy Spirit. And yet it is critical for freedom, health, and joyful Life! It does require a choice even though it is the last thing you feel like doing! Sometimes we don’t even recognize that we are still holding on to unforgiveness and we have to ask our Creator to show us where. The good news is that God is there, He loves you, He created you for a one on one love relationship with you, He is listening and wants you to be free. It might be helpful to go to www.Galations220.com
WHENEVER TAKING AN ANTIBIOTIC, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS FOLLOW IT BY TAKING A GOOD PROBIOTIC (FRIENDLY BACTERIA) FOR AT LEAST THREE WEEKS!
The antibiotics tend to kill off the friendly bacteria in the gut that have a very important role in the intestine. They supply vitamins and most importantly they keep the ever present yeasts population in control. The yeast can leak from the intestine into the blood stream and attack the white blood cells which are your body’s police force to maintain a strong immune system. It is not uncommon to have another infection in about two to three months after stopping the antibiotic. Suddenly another ear infection, another kidney, urinary tract infection, another cold, virus, sore throat shows up and the question is asked, “why do I keep getting sick?”
Other common problems are female yeast infections, athlete’s foot, and other “unexplained” itchy places on the body or in the mouth.
Severe and subtle emotional problems are known to occur.
Diarrhea and many bowel problems are benefited by taking a good probiotic.
Taking them before and during visits to foreign countries can head off “Montezuma’s Revenge”!
Good health food stores can help you find a good brand. We have great success with iFlora from Sedona Labs 1-800-282-7809.
If you try to get friendly bacteria from yogurt, make sure it has living bacteria (acidophilus) in it, and taking some magnesium with it is a good idea especially if it has fruit or sugar ingredients.
ANOTHER GOLDEN NUGGET
Concerning heartburn, indigestion, reflux and GERD
There is a long term major health epidemic brewing because most people are suffering from indigestion because of a LACK of stomach acid and not too much. The lack of a natural secretion of digestive stomach acid stops digestion of protein and the absorption of minerals and frequently allows an acid of fermentation to form. Yes, Tums and other antacids can stop the pain or discomfort but when used continually, the body is being deprived of key elements needed for total health.
Most people are totally amazed when the take some betaine hydrochloride with pepsin and find their indigestion is better or gone. They are even more amazed when they see the nails, skin and hair getting better. This is a health food store item. We get ours from Country Life (www.countrylife vitamins.com)
If you suffer from any of these problems, you will be extremely wise to read WHY STOMACH ACID IS GOOD FOR YOU, natural relief from heartburn, indigestion, reflux and GERD by Jonathan Wright MD and Lane Lenard Ph.D.
NUTRITIONALLY SPEAKING , MAGNESIUM IS LIKE THE QUARTERBACK ON A SUPERBOWL FOOTBALL TEAM!
The whole team has to be good, but without a great quarterback, you are out of luck!
For a super nutritional team, you have to have the protein, a rich supply of minerals, iodine, essential fatty acids, B- vitamins and the superstar quarterback, magnesium!
Magnesium is needed for over 300 enzyme reactions in the body!
Please read MIGHTY MAGNESIUM, an article from USA weekend by Jean Carper!
On one page, she has concisely and accurately summarized what I have been seeing for over forty years and lately it has been getting many times worse due to the common use of calcium supplements without magnesium.
Statistics tell us that 80% of the population is magnesium deficient which means we are promoting calcium deposits in the heart, brain, and joints because calcium combines with phosphorus to form a hard salt when magnesium is not present. Having adequate magnesium through magnesium rich diet and supplementation can give us new freedom from pain, disease, suffering, fatigue, and emotional turmoil!
Our goal right here, right now is to give you practical everyday suggestions on how you may have new health and freedom by improving the magnesium levels in your body.
First you need to understand that each of us is different, has different body chemistry and different needs and different things that will work! So we will be sharing practical things that work for the most people and the various forms and brands of magnesium supplements that (in our experience) have been effective.
Different people will have different symptoms when they are experiencing a magnesium deficiency. Some people will get leg cramps, others menstrual cramps, others heart palpitations, some get dizzy or faint or fuzzy minded or angry, tired, or depressed. Some find that eating sugar causes stiff joints or worsening of arthritis. These are the short term symptoms while in the long term we see heart disease, diabetes, strokes, osteoporosis, and diseases of the mind and emotions.
The same things that cause magnesium deficiency also cause multiple B-vitamin deficiencies which adds to the problem.
The best place to start is to begin replacing the things that take magnesium from the diet and replace them with things that add magnesium. The things that supply magnesium are greens, whole grains, nuts and seeds and green drinks. Green is chlorophyll and chlorophyll is magnesium. Notice that God made the planet green?
Consider adding mineral drops rich in magnesium to your drinking water, especially if it is distilled water which is mineral deficient. BioNativus Trace mineral drops contain 6 milligrams of magnesium in each drop plus a multitude of trace minerals minus the sodium chloride. You can add one to seven drops to a glass of water or 1/4 teaspoon to a gallon. This is an inexpensive way to become magnesium and mineral rich. Drink two gallons of water a day and watch what happens! Constipation disappears! Muscles become more relaxed, energy may return. Kidney stone sufferers have found it an awesome blessing, sometimes relief from pain in a couple of hours!
If the bowels become too loose, you may have to start with one drop in a large glass of water and gradually increase it. Contact BioNativus at 888-628-4887.
Later on we will share about using Jigsaw Magnesium for this problem.
What are the most common elements that cause magnesium deficiency? Sugar, sugar, and sugar and then anything that raises the blood sugar. Soda pop, diet pop, alcohol, white flour in pasta, bread, pastry, pop tarts, sugar coated cereals, and pizza! Pizza is a double whammy because it not only is white flour, but also cheese, and then usually eaten with soda pop. We tell people “if you must eat pizza, chase it with a tablet of magnesium, and if you have pop or ice cream, you had better take two tablets of magnesium”. And we wonder why there is such an epidemic of heart disease and type 2 diabetes, not to mention chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia.
It is better to eat the whole fruit rather than fruit juice because the fruit fiber can temper the blood sugar rise. A glass of orange juice, although natural, has three times the sugar of one orange and without the fiber, it promotes blood sugar problems and magnesium shortage. Diluting the juice in half with pure water can help reduce the blood sugar challenge and adding a magnesium rich snack of almonds or cashews can balance things out.
Coronary bypass operations are not an egg and butter problem, but a sugar and refined carbohydrate problem that has robbed the body of magnesium, essential B vitamins, and other important nutrients.
Milk, yogurt, and cheese promote magnesium deficiency because they are so high in calcium and low in magnesium. There is about 300 mgs. of. calcium in a glass of milk or a container of yogurt and only about 30 mgs. of magnesium. There is about a ten to one ratio of calcium to magnesium.
Dr. Royal Lee of the Standard Process company discovered in the 1930’s that we need at least 20% magnesium just to use the calcium we ingest. And that amount of magnesium just allows the calcium to be absorbed and does not allow any free magnesium to deal with a magnesium deficiency.
Our personal experience over the years has shown that even taking a good calcium/magnesium supplement in a two to one ratio rarely seems to eliminate classic magnesium deficiency symptoms.
We have found it necessary to use magnesium without calcium or at most equal parts calcium and magnesium in order to reduce magnesium deficiency symptoms!
If patients are drinking milk or using yogurt, do not use any extra calcium supplements or you will promote magnesium deficiency symptoms.
Taking antacids like Tums with 400 mg of calcium plus sugar is creating a magnesium deficiency and long term health problems. We will deal with this later but if you insist on taking Tums for your digestive problem, along with it take a good 200 mg. magnesium supplement like Ultra Mag from Source Naturals or Carlson’s Chelated Magnesium (magnesium glycinate).